Students who are interested in becoming a member of the Award-Winning Benedict College Gospel Choir may be asked to complete an audition. Students may also qualify for admission to the choir upon recommendation. Auditions requirements are as follows:
- Student must apply and be accepted/enrolled into Benedict College for current semester.
- Student will sing (1) one gospel song of their choice. (We recommend something simple with which you are already familiar.)
- Student must also complete and submit a written essay listing his/her college goal(s), life goal(s), plan after graduation and purpose for joining the choir.
- Students will complete an introductory interview with the director.
- Student will be scored on a scale 1-30 based upon the above audition criteria. A score of 20 or better is required for admittance into the program. A score of 25 or better is required to qualify for the choir scholarship.